Media Release writing and pitching
Do you have a great story to tell about your organisation or cause but you can’t afford a PR agency?
Learn how to write your own compelling media releases and pitch them to the right journalists to get the results you want.
In this one day workshop you’ll learn to:
- Identify a newsworthy angle for your release
- Design a PR campaign strategy
- Write an attention-grabbing headline
- Craft a compelling newsworthy lead
- Structure in the proven ‘inverted pyramid’ news style
- Find quotable quotes that flag to a journalist who your ‘interview talent’ is
- Insert the right SEO phrases to make your release discoverable
- Master your pitch to relevant journalists and media outlets
- Tailor your story for TV, radio and print/online
- Follow up your media release and call
- Give the journalist what they need to complete the story
- Reap the benefits
- Rinse and repeat
Write compelling media releases. Pitch them to the right journalists. Get the results you want.
This training course is suitable for:
- Small business owners
- Associations and organisations
- Early career PR and marketing practitioners wanting to refine their skills.
- Face-to-face trainer-led workshop or online via Zoom
- This interactive workshop uses a mix of group and individual exercises, discussion, media release templates, and real-life good and bad examples.
I have been a journalist and a PR consultant, so I know both sides of the story. I’ve also taught hundreds of journalism and media students as well as communication teams to master the art of writing and pitching a media release.
You’ll have plenty of time to write and rewrite your release in this workshop using tried and proven templates.
You’ll pitch your story to me and receive honest and constructive feedback.
At the end of the workshop you’ll have the tools and tricks to control your PR campaign.